CAROLINE M. FIORE
The Wagner Law Group, A Professional Corporation, Boston, Massachusetts. July 2014 - present
- Experienced commercial and regulatory lawyer with extensive experience in administrative law, commercial litigation, insurance, class action, Chapter 93A, employee benefit and ERISA disputes.
- Represent physicians before the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine regarding licensing, disciplinary and other administrative agency proceedings.
- Research and draft summary judgment memoranda, discovery requests and responses, and pleadings in complex commercial litigation cases.
- Extensive work on class action and other cases involving breach of fiduciary duty and denial of benefit claims under ERISA, including under 401(k), employee stock ownership and disability plans.
- Research and analyze Department of Labor and Treasury regulations governing ERISA plans.
- Research and draft insurance coverage opinions concerning professional liability insurance with a focus on coverages for health care providers and health care institutions.
The McCormack Firm, Boston, Massachusetts. October 2000 – July 2014
Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts. November 1992- June 2000
Assistant General Counsel
U.S. Court of Veteran Appeals, Washington, D.C. September 1990 – August 1991
Judicial Law Clerk to Chief Judge Frank Q. Nebeker
1990, J.D. Boston University School of Law
1986, B.A. Wellesley College
Supreme Court Broadly Interprets the Scope of ERISA's Church Plan Exemption - ASSPA / Plan Consultant, Fall 2017