The Wagner Law Group
Specializing in ERISA & Employee Benefit; Estate Planning; Employment, Labor & Human Resources Law
CHRISTOPHER J. SOWDEN
- The Wagner Law Group, A Professional Corporation, Boston, Massachusetts.
March 2000 - present
of qualified and nonqualified retirement and deferred compensation plans
and arrangements of taxable and tax exempt employers.
DOL and PBGC in examinations, correction programs, ruling requests and litigation.
in mergers and acquisitions.
and prohibited transaction issues.
- Reid and Riege, P.C., Hartford, Connecticut. 1989-2000
- Partner in Employee Benefits Department of 50-attorney law firm.
Areas of practice as above
- Grove, Jaskiewicz, Gilliam & Cobert, Washington, D.C. 1982-1989
- Corporate taxation, including U.S. taxation of foreign entities
and treaty work; employee benefits; and estate planning.
- Dickstein, Shapiro & Morin, Washington, D.C. 1978-1982
- Corporate and partnership taxation; Tax Court and ERISA litigation;
exempt organizations; and employee benefits.
- Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton, Washington, D.C. 1977-1978
- Law clerk
- Barrister, Lincoln's Inn, London, England 1971-1976
- George Washington University, Washington, D.C. Master of Comparative
- Inns of Court School Of Law, London, England. Barrister at Law,
- University of Oxford, Oxford, England. B.A., 1970; M.A., 1976;
- U.S. Tax Court
- District of Columbia
- England & Wales