CHRISTOPHER J. SOWDEN
- The Wagner Law Group, A Professional Corporation, Boston, Massachusetts.
March 2000 - present
Allaspects of qualified and nonqualified retirement and deferred compensation plans and arrangements of taxable and tax exempt employers.
Practicebefore IRS, DOL and PBGC in examinations, correction programs, ruling requests and litigation.
Employeebenefit issues in mergers and acquisitions.
Fiduciaryresponsibility and prohibited transaction issues.
- Reid and Riege, P.C., Hartford, Connecticut. 1989-2000
- Partner in Employee Benefits Department of 50-attorney law firm. Areas of practice as above
- Grove, Jaskiewicz, Gilliam & Cobert, Washington, D.C. 1982-1989
- Corporate taxation, including U.S. taxation of foreign entities and treaty work; employee benefits; and estate planning.
- Dickstein, Shapiro & Morin, Washington, D.C. 1978-1982
- Corporate and partnership taxation; Tax Court and ERISA litigation; exempt organizations; and employee benefits.
- Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton, Washington, D.C. 1977-1978
- Law clerk
- Barrister, Lincoln's Inn, London, England 1971-1976
- George Washington University, Washington, D.C. Master of Comparative Law, 1978
- Inns of Court School Of Law, London, England. Barrister at Law, 1971
- University of Oxford, Oxford, England. B.A., 1970; M.A., 1976; Merit Scholarship
- U.S. Tax Court
- District of Columbia
- England & Wales
- Wagner Law Group Provides IRS 403(b) Compliance Service - The 401k Wire, April 28, 2017