Trusts and Estates
The Wagner Law Group recognizes that estate planning is a very personal and sometimes stressful endeavor for individuals and families. We work to ensure that the needs of the clients are met, not only for the immediate benefits, but also in terms of long range planning. Each individual case receives careful attention, and our approach is to provide customized, thoughtful advice, delivering the utmost in client services on a wide variety of issues. In counseling individuals and families, we serve as legal advisors and sometimes also as Personal Representatives and Trustees.
- Comprehensive estate planning, including Marital Trusts, Wills, Durable Powers of Attorney, Health Care Proxies, Living Wills and HIPAA Releases
- A variety of complex trusts, such as lrrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts, Qualified Domestic Order Trusts, and Children’s Trusts
- Trustee services
- Legal advice to fiduciaries, including Trustees, Personal Representatives, Guardians and Conservators
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Probate Administration
- Post-mortem planning
- Probate litigation, including Will Contests and Petitions to Partition
Estate Planning Clients
While many of our estate planning clients are high net worth individuals, we believe that it is important to serve the public. All our clients receive individualized attention and all matters are held in the strictest of confidence.
- Preparation of a Notice of Substitution - facilitated a stock swap resulting in a better tax result for a 5M trust.
- Preparation of a Partial Disclaimer – provided heirs with additional property in an 8M trust
- Funding a Trust with Assets from a 1965 Trust – use of power of appointment to fund a trust in 2015
- Preparation of Blended Marriage Estate Plan – complex planning for children from different marriages for trusts with assets of 6M
- As Trustee, Implementation of Terms of a Pre-Marital Agreement in a Marital and Family Trust – assuring that there would be adequate income
- Defeated a Challenge to a Will -based on technical procedural grounds
- Brought a Petition to Partition Jointly Held Real Estate - requiring the sale of the property.