The Wagner Law Group serves clients in a wide range of family law matters, from prenuptial agreements and negotiated settlements to modifications, contempt actions, and divorce trials. We have extensive experience handling cases which have complex asset valuations and inherited property, as well as those with contentious custody issues. With compassion, integrity, and an exquisite attention to detail, our family law attorneys help individuals navigate every aspect of their case:
- Financial Considerations: Division of marital assets, plan appropriate support payments, including the tax impacts.
- Children: Craft a parenting plan that serves the children’s best interests and protects their needs while facilitating appropriate, peaceful co-parenting whenever possible.
- Long-Range Perspective: Build in the right degree of flexibility to accommodate—or protect against—future shifts in financial or personal circumstances.
- Empowerment and Advocacy: Counteract any power imbalance through effective legal strategies, careful analysis, and zealous representation both in and out of the courtroom—recalibrating as appropriate to maximize advantages and reach goals.
Family Law Areas of Practice
We focus on a full range of family law matters, including:
- Prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Property division
- Alimony and child support
- Child custody and parenting plans
- Removal cases
- Protective orders
- Contempt actions
- Paternity actions
- Divorce trials
- Uncontested divorces
- Guardianships and conservatorships
Our family law attorneys understand numerous complex financial issues that may arise in a divorce:
- Closely-held business interests
- Employment benefits
- Royalties and intellectual property
- Various forms of compensation, such as stock, stock options, RSUs and in kind employee benefits
- Valuation of defined benefit plans and division of defined contribution plans
- Real estate holdings
- Inheritances, trusts, and expectancies
- Complex property valuation
Family Law Clients
Our philosophy is that each and every client is important, from well known, high net worth clients to those whose cases have less complexity. All matters are confidential and all our clients receive our utmost personal attention.
Our Family Law attorneys take a holistic approach to:
- Identify primary areas of concern, ultimate goals, and potential vulnerabilities.
- Assist in gathering all relevant information and documentation to build a strong foundation for the case.
- Prepare responses and plan for interactions in tumultuous circumstances.
- Analyze the long-term financial impact of potential resolutions, including future variables and contingencies, and lay out the options for easy comparison.
- Explain legal documents and settlement proposals in plain language.
- Develop a final agreement incorporating detailed financial provisions, a comprehensive parenting plan, and other provisions as needed.
- Implement the terms of the divorce agreement and provide guidance until all requirements are satisfied.