Independent Fiduciary Services
As independent fiduciary, The Wagner Law Group assumes the role of plan administrator and fiduciary, allowing plans to continue to serve participants in the event a plan sponsor or other fiduciary becomes unavailable or has a conflict of interest. In its role as independent fiduciary, The Wagner Law Group becomes the responsible party for the disposition of the plan’s affairs, including final distributions to participants and beneficiaries.
The Wagner Law Group serves as the court-appointed Independent Fiduciary for several “orphan” ERISA plans, working closely with the U.S. Department of Labor to resolve all outstanding compliance issues and to administer the orphan plans in lieu of the plan sponsor.
In addition, The Wagner Law Group is available to act as independent fiduciary in the event of corporate bankruptcy or financial stress, when ERISA plans may be left without a functional sponsor. In such instances, The Wagner Law Group provides expert plan administration to temporarily protect the interests of the company, participants and beneficiaries.
The Wagner Law Group will be happy to assist with:
- Plan administration, including participant communications
- Selection of providers for assets and programs
- Plan investment and securities management
- Purchase of annuities
- Compliance counseling and implementation
- Legal representation and counseling for litigation and settlements
- Final regulatory filings
- Managing beneficiary appeals
- Underfunded pension liability management
- Company stock matters
The Wagner Law Group is one of the largest ERISA law practice groups in the nation, with clients across the globe and offices in Boston, Washington DC, Chicago, San Francisco, Tampa, West Palm Beach, and St. Louis. With decades of experience in ERISA matters, The Wagner Law Group is well-suited to manage any issue that may require an Independent Fiduciary.
Please talk with us today about the range of solutions we can provide.
Employee Benefit Plans for which Marcia S. Wagner, Esq. has Served as Independent Fiduciary
- Genuity Corporation Savings Plan
- Lauriat’s, Inc. Retirement Plan and Trust
- Trust Group, Inc. Profit Sharing Plan
- Logan Healthcare Management Group 401(k) Plan
- J. Biotti, Inc. 401(k) Plan
- Ambiance 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Thelen LLP 401(k)
- Reid & Priest Defined Benefit Pension Plan for Staff Employees
- Thelen LLP Cash Balance
- World Health Alternatives Health and Welfare Benefits Plan
- Single Employer Welfare Benefit Plan Trust (“SEWBPT”) and the Regional Employers Assurance League Voluntary Employees’ Beneficiary Association Trust (“REAL VEBA”) (U.S. Department of Labor v. Koresko)