Regina Snow Mandl
Estate Planning and Administration
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | (617) 532-8081
Regina Snow Mandl, Partner at The Wagner Law Group and head of the Lincoln, MA office, has over 30 years' experience specializing in family law, estate planning and administration, and probate litigation. The focus of her career has been to strive for excellence in the delivery of personal law services to individuals and families. While fully prepared to go to court when necessary, Regina believes that most matters can be resolved through negotiation, or a form of alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation or conciliation. Regina can counsel clients in these processes, and she is also a qualified mediator and conciliator.
Regina's practice covers a wide range of family law matters including: contested and uncontested divorces ,custody disputes, removal cases, modifications, contempt actions, restraining orders, pre-marital and post-marital agreements, guardianships, and conservatorships. Regina has a particular knowledge of inherited property cases in divorce, and has handled divorce cases involving family assets of $25,000,000 and more.
Estate Planning and Administration
Regina offers clients a comprehensive estate plan, including: wills, trusts, durable powers of attorney, health care proxies, HIPAA releases, living wills and declaration of homestead. When the time comes, Regina will efficiently guide her clients through the process of probating the estate.
Probate and Family Law Litigation
Regina will counsel clients who engage in mediation and collaborative law. However, she understands that this does not always work. When this happens and alternative dispute resolution is not viable, Regina represents clients in contested family law and probate litigation matters, including divorces, child custody and removal cases, will contests, claims against the estate, guardianships, conservatorships, and petitions to partition real estate.
- JD, Boston College Law School, Spanish-speaking Counsel, Boston College Legal Assistance Bureau
- BA, cum laude, New York University, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- American Inns of Court
- Founding member and past president, Massachusetts Probate and Family American Inn of Court
- Past board member, national America Inns of Court Foundation, Washington, D.C.
- Past member of the executive committee, American Inns of Court Foundation
- Spearheaded the Family Law Inn Alliance
- Delegate to the Middle Temple Inn, London, England
- Massachusetts Clients’ Security Board member 2017-to date
- Hearing Officer, Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers 2002-2008
- Board Member, New York University Lawyer Alumni Mentoring Program
- Member, Mayor's Committee for the Newton Free Library
- Mayor's Representative, Design Review Committee for the Newton Free Library
- Board member, Wayland Public Schools Foundation
- Board of Selectmen representative to the Master Plan Study Advisory Committee, Wayland, MA
- President, Fessenden Parents Association
- New Associations - MA Lawyers Weekly, April 26, 2018
- How the New Federal Tax are Changing Divorce Laws in MA: Watch Regina Mandl’s interview on newTV’s “That’s the Law!” April 3, 2018
- How the TCJA Could Drive You to Divorce – Tax Notes, March 12, 2018
- The New Federal Divorce Law - accepted for publication by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly February 26, 2018
- Exes and Taxes – Regina Mandl, Associated Press, December 22, 2017
- Client Alert: “Repeal of the Alimony Deduction – It’s Back,” January 3, 2018 Client Alert: Tax Cuts and Jobs Act H.R.1; Section 1309; Repeal of the Alimony Deduction, November 6, 2017
- Memorandum to Clients and Friends, 2013 Child Support Guidelines
- Memorandum to Clients and Friends, Massachusetts Alimony Reform Act, February, 2012
- Memorandum to Clients and Friends, Retirement and Other Beneficiary Designations,February 12, 2009, in light of Kennedy v. Plan Administrator for DuPont Savings and Investment Plan, et. al., decided January 26, 2009, No. 07-636
- "Estate Planning Tips for Parents of Divorcing Children," Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (December 16, 2002).
- "An Overview of the Law of Advance Directives: How Massachusetts Answered the Call," Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, Vol. XXVI, (Number 1, 1993)
- R. Snow, "Lorenzo Monaco: The Bourgeois Monk," Vol. XI Historian 35 (May, 1970)
Honors & Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2012 - present
- Boston Globe's 2015 Top Rated Lawyers of 2015
- In 2014, recognized by Boston Magazine as one of the top women attorneys in Massachusetts and by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly as one of its Top Women of Law
- Martindale Hubbell Rated "AV" (Preeminent) 5.0
- New York University Founders Day Award, Alexander Schluger Award